Book Review

Friday, November 23, 2007

'Blink' - Malcolm Gladwell

This book was a good break from the fiction that I have been immersing myself in lately. Once I got past the irony that the book was an in depth analysis and problematization of the why and when and what triggers people to overanalyze situations, I found it interesting.
I'm not going to lie, I skim read the parts discussing past wars and went straight to the point. War stories just don't appeal to me but these may be exciting parts for others. But the majority of the book was read and enjoyed. It had a ton of evidence from decisions made in the past to experiments done by psychologists. Overall, the book had the main focus on knowing which situations to make rapid judgements in instead of looking at each detail, and in each of these situations to only focus on the details that are pertinent to this decision. Also, Gladwell discussed how accurate first impressions typically are but to not believe them without noticing if the context was conducive, or not, to making a rational decision.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home